Trump

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...335 336 337 338 339 ...614 615 616 · >>
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#5041New Post! Apr 11, 2017 @ 11:57:20
@white_swan53 Said

I found an article on how the owner of the largest coal mine in the US held a one million dollar a plate fund raiser for Trump, in his place on his private beach . It was kept quiet and wasn't reported by Trump, because at the time trump was bragging and patting himself on the back for 'paying out of his own pocket for his campaign '.
Now that trump has appointed the 'right hand man' of that mine owner as head of the EPA , 1+1= Trump is doing all he can do ,to line the pockets of his buddy the owner of the largest coal mine in the US , while there is still some pork left on the bones. IMHO

But please don't mistake that for "Pay to Play" ...
PTF On April 24, 2017

Banned

Indiana,
#5042New Post! Apr 12, 2017 @ 22:58:20
@shinobinoz Said

The airstrike seems fairly unsubstantial & insignificant. Much like most of Trumps knee-jerk vibrato.
I expect my president to think before doing something & not rapid-fire tweets & cruise missiles.
The pipelines are ancient & a setback to the whole world. We are moving in the wrong direction & Trump will be known for this massive part of the failure to act & Obama will be seen as not doing enough (granted much of this due to republican obstructionism).
Neither coal mines nor the steel industry has nor will return in any smidgen of previous level.
There is a big economic difference. We agree. Trump is unfettered parasitic capitalist & Obama can't walk on water & be seen for the good he has done following the second to only the great depression collapse of Trump type capitalism.
Your get out the vote actually was the minority of voters & ignorant & unhappy voters bought the Art of the Deal hook line & sinker at EVERYONE's loss.

You're always a party favorite shino.
Our President showed who's boss and will do it again in making our worlds safe.
You spoke about coal mines and such...doesn't it correlate with pipelines this dude tries and succeeded to stop ? I believe these industries will employ our indigenous friends as well.
(some time ago you suppose to show me a few threads or something I can't remember)
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#5043New Post! Apr 13, 2017 @ 03:30:23
@PTF Said

You're always a party favorite shino.
Our President showed who's boss and will do it again in making our worlds safe.
You spoke about coal mines and such...doesn't it correlate with pipelines this dude tries and succeeded to stop ? I believe these industries will employ our indigenous friends as well.
(some time ago you suppose to show me a few threads or something I can't remember)

These industries aren't going to be growing. What percentage of the 50 some pipeline jobs will be filled by First Nations?
Our president just made the world less safe.
nooneinparticular On March 16, 2023

, Hawaii
#5044New Post! Apr 13, 2017 @ 07:47:50
@PTF Said

You spoke about coal mines and such...doesn't it correlate with pipelines this dude tries and succeeded to stop?

If you think 50-ish permanent jobs is enough to save the coal industry than you must believe the coal industry is absolutely tiny. He could do 100 deals of 50-ish jobs and it still wouldn't save coal.

NE, Ohio
#5045New Post! Apr 13, 2017 @ 16:45:34
Trump to declare official footware of the Oval Office

Flip-Flops

CNN political pundit David Gregory says the shifts show Trump is willing to be a dealmaking president.
"He's flexible, perhaps unprincipled, with a pragmatic approach to government," he said.
But he warned that, although tacking back and forth is fine, it is dangerous to be "all over the map" because people stop believing what you say.

I'm well past that point.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#5046New Post! Apr 13, 2017 @ 22:12:40
@mrmhead Said

Flip-Flops

CNN political pundit David Gregory says the shifts show Trump is willing to be a dealmaking president.
"He's flexible, perhaps unprincipled, with a pragmatic approach to government," he said.
But he warned that, although tacking back and forth is fine, it is dangerous to be "all over the map" because people stop believing what you say.

Tacking back & forth or in this case- talking out of both ends! I'm well past that as well.

NE, Ohio
#5047New Post! Apr 24, 2017 @ 18:21:02
I hope Obamacare stays in place. I'm going to need a neck brace from all my head shaking:

“It's the highest for 'Face the Nation' or as I call it, 'Deface the Nation,' " Trump told the AP's Julie Pace, referring to the CBS News Sunday political talk show. “It's the highest for 'Deface the Nation' since the World Trade Center — since the World Trade Center came down.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/04/24/trump-boasts-of-highest-tv-ratings-since-the-world-trade-center-came-down/?utm_term=.6011d10e68a4

I suppose next he'll call his Mexican Wall the biggest thing to happen in the south since Katrina ....
crazylikeafox On June 02, 2017

McKinney, Texas
#5048New Post! Apr 25, 2017 @ 21:37:37
@mrmhead Said

Flip-Flops

People who believe what a politician says are the same people that would buy the Brooklyn Bridge. Though frankly I think they're about as real as prospective Brooklyn Bridge buyers too.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#5049New Post! Apr 25, 2017 @ 23:36:38
@crazylikeafox Said

People who believe what a politician says are the same people that would buy the Brooklyn Bridge. Though frankly I think they're about as real as prospective Brooklyn Bridge buyers too.

Not sure that I totally agree with this.

I think that it typically it isn't so much exactly what the politician promises, but rather the general direction that the politician goes with his/her actions.

Obama, like him or not, went or tried to go in the direction that he campaigned on. There certainly were exceptions where he failed, but generally he stuck with the direction of his campaign... thus the Republican political resistance.

Trump, it seems, is also trying to go in the general direction that he campaigned on. This frightens some people, perhaps as much or even more than Obama "frightens" some others. We will have to wait and see what he does and what direction he goes to over time.

(Small example) 1st Bush said no new taxes read my lips and that turned out to be complete BS...not even the general direction.

(Small example) 2nd Bush "promised" no nation building with Iraq. The war was to be a get in and get out thing. That is not what happened even remotely.

Reagan pretty much stuck with the direction of his promises.

Clinton also pretty much stuck with the direction of his promises.

(Small example) Trump said that he would be too busy to play golf. Granted that is ridiculous, but many people were complaining about Obama playing golf. Yet Trump is on track to spend more money on his golf trips in one year than Obama did in his 1st 4 years. And it isn't that a president golfing is bad, it isn't. But when a politician calls out another politician for something (as bad) but then does it as much or more IMO said politician's followers should call him/her out on "it".

As to his political goals: I suspect that Trump will, ultimately, be thwarted by both the Democrats and the Republicans. IF I end up being correct on that point, it won't be so much that Trump "lied" to us, but that his ideas never had any plausibility. Again, we will have to wait and see.

Etc

Still, in large part, you are correct, anyone who truly believes a politician's promises verbatim is a bit deluded....as are the people who believe the lies about a given politician.

McKinney, Texas
#5050New Post! Apr 26, 2017 @ 01:05:30
@chaski Said

Not sure that I totally agree with this.

I think that it typically it isn't so much exactly what the politician promises, but rather the general direction that the politician goes with his/her actions.

Obama, like him or not, went or tried to go in the direction that he campaigned on. There certainly were exceptions where he failed, but generally he stuck with the direction of his campaign... thus the Republican political resistance.

Trump, it seems, is also trying to go in the general direction that he campaigned on. This frightens some people, perhaps as much or even more than Obama "frightens" some others. We will have to wait and see what he does and what direction he goes to over time.

(Small example) 1st Bush said no new taxes read my lips and that turned out to be complete BS...not even the general direction.

(Small example) 2nd Bush "promised" no nation building with Iraq. The war was to be a get in and get out thing. That is not what happened even remotely.

Reagan pretty much stuck with the direction of his promises.

Clinton also pretty much stuck with the direction of his promises.

(Small example) Trump said that he would be too busy to play golf. Granted that is ridiculous, but many people were complaining about Obama playing golf. Yet Trump is on track to spend more money on his golf trips in one year than Obama did in his 1st 4 years. And it isn't that a president golfing is bad, it isn't. But when a politician calls out another politician for something (as bad) but then does it as much or more IMO said politician's followers should call him/her out on "it".

As to his political goals: I suspect that Trump will, ultimately, be thwarted by both the Democrats and the Republicans. IF I end up being correct on that point, it won't be so much that Trump "lied" to us, but that his ideas never had any plausibility. Again, we will have to wait and see.

Etc

Still, in large part, you are correct, anyone who truly believes a politician's promises verbatim is a bit deluded....as are the people who believe the lies about a given politician.

As a general rule I tend to be skeptical of anything bad said about a famous politician, and the worse the accusation the more skepticism I have. This soundbite from Trump proves he's incompetent? Yeah he probably is, but I'd like to look into the full speech to confirm it isn't merely taken out of context. This meme from Occupy Democrats proves Trump is literally Hitler? Probably not. More likely the creator doesn't know much about Hitler and the Nazis, and just knows they're bad things you can accuse your opponents of.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#5051New Post! Apr 26, 2017 @ 01:24:22
@crazylikeafox Said

As a general rule I tend to be skeptical of anything bad said about a famous politician, and the worse the accusation the more skepticism I have. This soundbite from Trump proves he's incompetent? Yeah he probably is, but I'd like to look into the full speech to confirm it isn't merely taken out of context. This meme from Occupy Democrats proves Trump is literally Hitler? Probably not. More likely the creator doesn't know much about Hitler and the Nazis, and just knows they're bad things you can accuse your opponents of.

I would also apply your reasoning to the Conservatives/Republicans who pronounce extreme BS about democrats.

Is Trump like Hitler... no.

Did Obama try to take our guns...no, in fact he passed two laws and renewed two others that supported gun possession.

Did Obama authorize unnecessary oil exploration of the coast of Florida which will most likely have a negative impact on marine mammals including the Northern Wright Whale, and did he also authorize oil exploration in the Everglade that will quite probably have a negative impact on both the environment and a number of endangered species such as the Florida Panther....yes.

Is Trump continuing the U.S.'s unnecessary dependence on fossil fuels.... it would seem so.

Did Bill Clinton cheat on his wife with a consenting adult...even though he initially denied it...absolutely yes.

Did Trump sexually harass and/or molest women....considering Trump himself pretty much admitted it over the last 20 or 30 years...probably yes.

You see, there are various sides to these things... both sides exaggerate and sometimes lie about the other side, and both sides have their nitwits who do (arguably) bad things.

McKinney, Texas
#5052New Post! Apr 26, 2017 @ 02:07:24
@chaski Said

I would also apply your reasoning to the Conservatives/Republicans who pronounce extreme BS about democrats.

Is Trump like Hitler... no.

Did Obama try to take our guns...no, in fact he passed two laws and renewed two others that supported gun possession.

Did Obama authorize unnecessary oil exploration of the coast of Florida which will most likely have a negative impact on marine mammals including the Northern Wright Whale, and did he also authorize oil exploration in the Everglade that will quite probably have a negative impact on both the environment and a number of endangered species such as the Florida Panther....yes.

Is Trump continuing the U.S.'s unnecessary dependence on fossil fuels.... it would seem so.

Did Bill Clinton cheat on his wife with a consenting adult...even though he initially denied it...absolutely yes.

Did Trump sexually harass and/or molest women....considering Trump himself pretty much admitted it over the last 20 or 30 years...probably yes.

You see, there are various sides to these things... both sides exaggerate and sometimes lie about the other side, and both sides have their nitwits who do (arguably) bad things.

That's pretty much what I said too. I just used Trump in all my examples because he's the current President.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#5053New Post! Apr 26, 2017 @ 02:26:58
@crazylikeafox Said

That's pretty much what I said too. I just used Trump in all my examples because he's the current President.

Sorry... I was verbose.... yes... I agree.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#5054New Post! Apr 26, 2017 @ 03:14:45
@crazylikeafox Said

McKinney, Texas
#5055New Post! Apr 26, 2017 @ 04:02:55

Don't blame me, I voted for Gary Johnson.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...335 336 337 338 339 ...614 615 616 · >>

3 browsing (0 members - 3 guests)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs