Forums:
Society & Lifestyles

A prolonged wait for love

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Conflict On about 5 hours ago

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#1New Post! Apr 12, 2017 @ 20:44:50
I want the title of this thread to reflect the content in the best possible way. I am going to use as strong an example as I can.

Let's consider the way of life in which men marry women 20 years younger. I don't know if anyone else has thought of what I'm about to write, but it has to me and I'm concerned by the far reaching implications of it.

(Note: this notion applies to the poor countries or the very affluent families that seek to maintain social bonds and other conveniences)

Alright, let's say that a man begins his working life at an average age of 18. In a world where women favor older men, this individual, for example, is going to have to work an average of 20-25 years before he becomes suitable enough for a woman. He's going to have to find alternatives to marriage that will either take the forms of...

a) Prostitution.

Or...

b) Taking a mistress.

For two or two and a half decades, either will have to do. I find the idea most unsettling, as it means the man won't be accomplished enough before he reaches at least his late thirties to make him appealing enough to the opposite gender, usually a woman at least two decades younger than he.

Now, what inconsiderate and inhumane mind conceived of such an unfair philosophy?
Conflict On about 5 hours ago

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#2New Post! May 02, 2017 @ 19:36:39
Well, I don't have a clue as to why a man has to be more successful to be more sexually or financially appealing to women. If that were the case, affluent areas hold all the answers and the rest are backward by nature and those living in them should be ashamed of themselves.

I don't think so.

Yes, marry someone more mature because you admire that person for who he or she is, but please, being over 40 and being a sexier guy for a young woman is just plain mercenary bulls***.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs