The Senate just voted to undo landmark rules covering your Internet privacy

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
chaski On about 8 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#16New Post! Mar 29, 2017 @ 15:31:45
Well of course we want big business to have complete access our privacy information.

As bad as government network security is, industry security is much worse, which is good...right?

What better way to control the working class/middle class American than to give her/his privacy data to big corporations that won't need silly little things like FISA warrants to look into our privacy. It makes it easier for the Feds also, instead of the complicated FISA process, federal agents can use the very simple 18 U.S. Code ยง 2703 process (little known but one of the most powerful federal law enforcement tools in the information age).

As side benefit this essentially gives our privacy data to countries like China (which likes to purchase big US businesses), not mention other countries... including Russia.
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#17New Post! Mar 29, 2017 @ 16:52:16
@white_swan53 Said

Aww man , you didn't guess .
She told me that if she could set me up 'today' she would add a note that unless I called them a certain amount of days before my contact was due to expire then they would automatically re up my 2 year contract. I swear I wished the dumb b*t*h had been sitting in front of me , or maybe it was her mama I wished was. I just said told in a VERY FIRM tone .No I better wait till those serves were available . because I sure would be the laughing stock of my world if it was known, I was paying for services that aren't even an option at this time.

Aren't 'customer service people' for massive corporations just the nicest and most intelligent people?

Just out of curiosity, how do you get internet if you're in a dead zone? Crazy strong signal booster?
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#18New Post! Mar 29, 2017 @ 22:53:17
@Erimitus Said

Of course it can work both ways. There are few certainties but if there was no camera you can be sure man would be needing some major dental work

Big business has assumed total control!
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#19New Post! Mar 30, 2017 @ 05:15:30
@psycoskunk Said

Aren't 'customer service people' for massive corporations just the nicest and most intelligent people?

Just out of curiosity, how do you get internet if you're in a dead zone? Crazy strong signal booster?

Ah I don't know if customer service people for huge corporations are nice people or not , it takes an act of congress to get a live 'human type people' on the line. and I've always run out of patients long before congress gets involved .

I use my land line to access the web .
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#20New Post! Mar 30, 2017 @ 16:42:02
@white_swan53 Said

Ah I don't know if customer service people for huge corporations are nice people or not , it takes an act of congress to get a live 'human type people' on the line. and I've always run out of patients long before congress gets involved .

I use my land line to access the web .

They usually aren't. Considering that woman was trying to sell you on services you can neither use or would use, you could tell that she wasn't trying to listen to what you had to say.

Nice. Old school. Does it make the dial-up sound too?

n/a, New Mexico
#21New Post! Mar 31, 2017 @ 20:21:21
@psycoskunk Said

They usually aren't. Considering that woman was trying to sell you on services you can neither use or would use, you could tell that she wasn't trying to listen to what you had to say.

Nice. Old school. Does it make the dial-up sound too?

I have the modem speakers turned off . If it does i don't need to hear that scratchy sound .
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#22New Post! Apr 01, 2017 @ 13:42:50
@white_swan53 Said

I have the modem speakers turned off . If it does i don't need to hear that scratchy sound .

Ohh - the nostalgia of modem-dialing and scratchy screech of connecting

Almost as wonderful as the smell of new vinyl records!

n/a, New Mexico
#23New Post! Apr 01, 2017 @ 15:16:59
@mrmhead Said

Ohh - the nostalgia of modem-dialing and scratchy screech of connecting

Almost as wonderful as the smell of new vinyl records!

Lets not forget the 'slow as molasses in winter' speed ,,,,zoom zoom << NOT <<

Let me add , the life style of , no neighbors, no crime, no traffic , no stress and the added bonus of I have no where to go and all day long to get there . A scratchy noise and a slow connection ,, I can deal with it ..
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs