News & Current Events

POLICE: CHICAGO TEEN APPARENTLY GANG-RAPED ON FACEBOOK LIVE

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#3New Post! Mar 22, 2017 @ 11:39:58
@bob_the_fisherman Said

Sadly it is the world we live in now. Human suffering is now entertainment for some people. Remember the retarded kid getting tortured - it seems quite a few people watched that video from what I heard.

The thing that gets me is; what kind of psychopath do you need to be to do that stuff live on the internet for people to see, and, what type of psychopath do you need to be to watch it?

And type of low life, a** wipe,psychopath do you have to be to not report ?
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#4New Post! Mar 22, 2017 @ 13:30:49
Facebook seems to have grown a "Dark Web" underneath - this incident, the other mentioned by Bob, the naked service women.
Makes you wonder how much more is out there.

Doesn't Facebook scan the postings for inappropriate material. I know they can't catch everything, but still... there should be some kind of search algorithm that flags potentially questionable material.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#5New Post! Mar 22, 2017 @ 15:49:21
Facebook only moderates what is reported to them, and even that they do very badly. It is a paid outsourced operation.
And by paid I mean, like really s***ty pay to some poor soul in the Philippines that doesn't make up for having to see essentially the worst of humanity.
Mankysparrow On April 26, 2017

London, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Mar 22, 2017 @ 20:03:38
never mind Facebook, there are whole sites dedicated to stuff even worse than that, I don't understand why anyone would want to watch executions and people mashed up in accidents, I know it happens, but I don't get any satisfaction watching stuff like that.

n/a, New Mexico
#7New Post! Mar 22, 2017 @ 21:07:17
TEEN DAUGHTER AFRAID TO COME HOME AFTER CHICAGO ATTACK
Quote:
Wednesday that her daughter has received online threats since it happened and that neighborhood kids have been joking about it and harassing her family.
She said that since the attack, people have threatened on Facebook that "they are going to get her" daughter
Guglielmi said Johnson immediately ordered detectives to investigate and the department asked Facebook to take down the video, which it did.

spokeswoman for Facebook, Andrea Saul, declined to comment on the girl's case, specifically, but she said the company takes its "responsibility to keep people safe on Facebook very seriously."

https://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_SEXUAL_ASSAULT_FACEBOOK

I was going to mention that I thought it strange that Facebook had to be ask to take down the video ,, but tiger cleared that up with her post . Thanks tiger

It should be fairly easy for law enforcement to make the needed arrests I thinking. After all they already have the 'mug' shots of the gang of rapists off the video and it's child's play to track where something started from on the web .

n/a, New Mexico
#8New Post! Mar 22, 2017 @ 21:12:07
@Mankysparrow Said

there are whole sites dedicated to stuff even worse than that, I don't understand why anyone would want to watch executions and people mashed up in accidents, I know it happens, but I don't get any satisfaction watching stuff like that.

In this case 'never mind facebook ' doesn't work . Because the attack was recorded and put out on the web using facebook.
And it's good to know that you don't "get any satisfaction " from watching this sort of thing .
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs