Forums:
Art & Literature

Absolute best book series ever!!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Frogstool On December 12, 2011

Kelowna, Canada
#1New Post! Apr 15, 2009 @ 02:33:18
The Sword Of Truth series by Terry Goodkind is officially my favorite book series!! (And i've read a lot of books!!) I've read through them all ( including Debt Of Bones ) 12 times and am currently about midway through the thirteenth!!
Please post your favorite book/s up! ( im a fan of fiction/science fiction mostly ) I would love to read other series and compare them to truly prove to myself who holds the title for best book/s ever!!
DevilsPurity On February 12, 2010

other side of the comp screen,
#2New Post! Apr 15, 2009 @ 02:36:32
What is that series about?

I think my favorite series is the Gemma Doyle Trilogy, which is A Great and Terrible Beauty, Rebel Angels, and The Sweet Far Thing. They're the kind of books that just scream my name and draw me in so deeply. I get very emotionally attached.
Aniive On September 30, 2009

>.>,
#3New Post! Apr 15, 2009 @ 02:41:46
@Frogstool Said

The Sword Of Truth series by Terry Goodkind is officially my favorite book series!! (And i've read a lot of books!!) I've read through them all ( including Debt Of Bones ) 12 times and am currently about midway through the thirteenth!!
Please post your favorite book/s up! ( im a fan of fiction/science fiction mostly ) I would love to read other series and compare them to truly prove to myself who holds the title for best book/s ever!!

I am so giving you kudos.

I love this series and my favorite book still is Chainfire.
I liked Wizard's First Rule.
And Confessor was AMAZING!!!

I simply love the writing style of Goodkind. And the way he started of the last book was simply genius:
"For the second time that night, a woman stabbed Richard."
Such an attention grabber.
I do have to say, though, it kind of lagged =/ Good overall =]

My favorite character is Nicci.
Mind telling me yours?
Frogstool On December 12, 2011

Kelowna, Canada
#4New Post! Apr 15, 2009 @ 03:12:03
the series is about a woodsman that has no clue about the world around him and basically becomes one of the most influential and powerful people in the said world. Many many many complications arise for him, but with every new challenge comes a new truth.

My favorite overall would have to be Chase ( especially when he is with kids )
Zedd is definitely a very close second.
I think the only characters I don't like are Fitch, Tobias Brogan (Blood of The Fold!), and the underworld beast. They just annoy me. But they add so much too the story you can't not have them!!
oliicav On April 15, 2009

stamford, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Apr 15, 2009 @ 12:16:23
my favorate story is the man who never was.
untill about 4yrs ago i hated books becase evy1 picked out boring 1s...
but now reading is my favorate hobby.
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#6New Post! Apr 17, 2009 @ 23:44:28
My friends are all into the Twilight books. Don't know the author. I think there is four books, and they said once they read one, they spend the whole weekend reading
the other three. I saw the movie, pretty good.
Steampunk89 On May 01, 2009

Sugar Land, Texas
#7New Post! Apr 18, 2009 @ 22:42:58
omg!! you have got to read ender's game!!
ZoeyRedbird89 On June 24, 2009

Sugar Land, Texas
#8New Post! Apr 25, 2009 @ 20:49:10
House of Night was the best ever!
alexkidd On February 07, 2012
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#9New Post! Apr 25, 2009 @ 21:16:49
Oh someone mentioned enders game.
Fantastic series.

Asimov's foundation series i think is probably my favorite though.
heresay On March 21, 2017

#10New Post! Mar 09, 2017 @ 16:17:53
the clan of the cave bear. best ever.
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Mar 09, 2017 @ 17:08:00
@heresay Said

the clan of the cave bear. best ever.

The first book was excellent and I even loved the film which starred Daryl Hannah as Ayla, but sadly the rest of the series tailed off. Perhaps the Valley of Horses was fairly good, but definitely not as good as the COTCB. It was all downhill from there in my opinion.
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Mar 09, 2017 @ 17:14:24
The historical epics of Edward Rutherfurd are highly enjoyable.

I especially enjoyed The Forest, Sarum and New York. I've not read London yet, although I've heard it's very good. That might just find its way onto my Kindle before long.
heresay On March 21, 2017

#13New Post! Mar 09, 2017 @ 17:20:44
@Jennifer1984 Said

The first book was excellent and I even loved the film which starred Daryl Hannah as Ayla, but sadly the rest of the series tailed off. Perhaps the Valley of Horses was fairly good, but definitely not as good as the COTCB. It was all downhill from there in my opinion.
True, but I had to read it to the end. And it was one of my personal faves. Also include SK's The Dark Tower series.
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#14New Post! Mar 09, 2017 @ 20:31:12
Didn't necessarily read it per se, as they turned it into a children's show in Canada, but...

twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#15New Post! Mar 10, 2017 @ 01:30:59
the writer that created " harry palmer " that literally started " Michael caine's career in 60's. the writer wrote " the ipcress file " that Michael played in, his named " len Deighton".

in 80's, I read 3 sets of 3 books in 3 separate trilogy that to me, was really great reading to want read a great " spy yard ".

this nine novel trilogy starts in " the berlin game " which introduce our main character, his name is Bernard Samson. a former field agent, and now working behind a London desk.

Bernard is has to probe in his colleagues that he part of a group called " Brahms Four ". this group is people that Bernard trust the most in his profession. they have save his life.

Bernard just find on three of his closest colleagues with solid evidence against this colleague as a traitor that work for the kgb.

through the first novel, Bernard will solve the mystery of the kgb agent is, but the end of solving the mystery. Bernard's life is shatter with high price tag to paid.

the rest of eight novels, Bernard rebuild his life and find a purpose in life.

if you like a really great spy story to read this is a great one to read.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs