Magically Delicious

New Post! February 24, 2017 @ 03:35:31 am
@Erimitus Said

But ...but I already got the marshmallows

Ooops.

mrmhead

New Post! February 24, 2017 @ 12:37:04 pm
@Erimitus Said

John: 1:1 In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God. the beginning was the Word, and the ...

Comment: It might be better translated; "to begin with..." it does not really matter. What matters is that the word (that which I am calling "IT" ) already existed. 'IT exist, has always existed, will always exist. The word what God. GOD is 'IT'. God is a word we (or at least I) use to name 'IT'. God is a personification of 'IT'.

And at this point I must give my neurons a rest.

This garden universe vibrates complete.
Some we get a sound so sweet.
Vibrations reach on up to become light,
And then thru gamma, out of sight.
Between the eyes and ears there lay,
The sounds of colour and the light of a sigh.
And to hear the sun, what a thing to believe.
But it's all around if we could but perceive.
To know ultra-violet, infra-red and X-rays,
Beauty to find in so many ways.
Two notes of the chord, that's our fluoroscope.
But to reach the chord is our lifes hope.
And to name the chord is important to some.
So they give a word, and the word is OM.

-Graeme Edge
(Moody Blues)

mrmhead

New Post! February 24, 2017 @ 12:47:38 pm
@LuckyCharms Said

Physical manifestation of energy.

"In the beginning"
Something happened that caused Energy to (condense?) into matter. ("Big Bang"?)

So you have pockets of high energy (matter) and low energy (?)

And ever since, the "nature of the universe" is to reach back to when all energy was a homogeneous field.
Energy flows from high to low. (thermodynamics)

Follow the energy, Go with the flow, And you will be working "with" the universe rather than against.

It's easier to swim down stream than up.

... until you start playing with Time

Erimitus

New Post! February 24, 2017 @ 02:16:15 pm
@mrmhead Said

This garden universe vibrates complete.
Some we get a sound so sweet.
Vibrations reach on up to become light,
And then thru gamma, out of sight.
Between the eyes and ears there lay,
The sounds of colour and the light of a sigh.
And to hear the sun, what a thing to believe.
But it's all around if we could but perceive.
To know ultra-violet, infra-red and X-rays,
Beauty to find in so many ways.
Two notes of the chord, that's our fluoroscope.
But to reach the chord is our lifes hope.
And to name the chord is important to some.
So they give a word, and the word is OM.

-Graeme Edge
(Moody Blues)

@mrmhead Said

"In the beginning"

So you have pockets of high energy (matter) and low energy (?)

And ever since, the "nature of the universe" is to reach back to when all energy was a homogeneous field.
Energy flows from high to low. (thermodynamics)

Follow the energy, Go with the flow, And you will be working "with" the universe rather than against.

It's easier to swim down stream than up.

... until you start playing with Time

Wheew!!!

Erimitus

New Post! February 24, 2017 @ 03:29:15 pm
M: "In the beginning"

E: Double slit experiment. It seems that observation (i.e., consciousness) is the cause and matter is the effect. Otherwise "IT" us vibrations. Esse est percipi There are no properties independent of the mind.

M: So you have pockets of high energy (matter) and low energy (?)

E: high frequency. High frequency = high amplitude?

E: high amplitude = perceptible....??

E: if E = MC2 then M = C2/E... C2 and E are directly proportional?

M: And ever since, the "nature of the universe" is to reach back to when all energy was a homogeneous field.

E: At some point in time all energy was a homogeneous field? Is there absolute time? Is there absoluter space? Do time and space exist independent of perception?

E: The singularity existed; still exists??? If there is nothing other than the singularity what do we compare it to?

E: is the singularity a dimensionless point? Was it a Plank volume? Was it no more than a scaled down version of the universe that is experienced? These are questions that I have no answer to. Actually I cannot even formulate a question.

Keeping in mind that I aint got nun uh dat fancy store bought book learnun; please explain as simply as possible.

M: Energy flows from high to low. (thermodynamics)

E: energy flows... It is not clear to me what energy is....

M: ... until you start playing with Time

E: I don't have the time to play with time.

Energy, frequency and vibration....

curiouser and curiouser

Erimitus

New Post! March 16, 2017 @ 09:51:43 am
@LuckyCharms Said

Physical manifestation of energy.

Things are a manifestation of energy

Manifest

Manifest[er]?

Ghyda

New Post! March 16, 2017 @ 04:32:28 pm
@Erimitus Said
Why is there something

Sol wondered why his wife wanted a closet until he found his friend Mo in the closet.

The universe must be a big closet.

chaski

Stalker

New Post! March 16, 2017 @ 07:41:46 pm
@Erimitus Said

Assumption: Things are created

I think that the word created is problematic. It guides the conversation in a particular direction because it implies the existence of a creator.

It may be, if there is a particular sort of all powerful god, that all things are in fact created.

On the other hand, it might be that many or even most of the things in the Universe have a point origin...a point at which they are formed by natural causes...but not necessarily a point of creation.

Example: Maybe a god created the earth OR maybe the earth was formed by natural forces but not actually created.

And maybe some things don't have a point of origin nor a point of creation.... maybe the atoms of the universe have always existed.

It is not a popular "opinion" but i believe that the universe has always existed. Scientists have theories that seem to refute my opinion, but those same scientists cannot explain what there was before the point of formation.
Religion gets around this by having a creator that always was and is...I find it easier to imagine the universe as always being in existence in some form...it is quite easy for me to imagine an infinite universe, and I like it.

Erimitus

New Post! March 16, 2017 @ 10:22:37 pm
C: the word created ... implies the existence of a creator.

E: yes

There is a creator (we could call it a god)

All THINGS are created.

Things have an origin

The origin of a thing is the point in space-time where it is created

Some things are created spontaneously

Some things are created intentionally

C: The Origin of a thing NOT necessarily a point of creation

E: I do not understand

Things exist

Things have an origin

A creator creates things

Before a thing is created it does not exist

After a thing is created it exist

The creator creates some things intentionally

The creator creates some things spontaneously

There are things.

Things exist

There are kinds of things

Some things are physical

Some things are non-physical

Some physical things have NOT always existed (i.e., temporal)

Some non-physical things have always existed (i.e., eternal)

There is a thing that is eternal

Some non-physical things have NOT always existed (i.e., temporal)

The Universe is Matter is a thing

Things are created

Matter is created

Matter is a thing

the cosmos is a system of thought

The Mind is the creator

Subjective reality is the creation

The universe is (temporal)

Before some THING is created it does not exist.

chaski

Stalker

New Post! March 16, 2017 @ 10:38:52 pm
@Erimitus Said

C: The Origin of a thing NOT necessarily a point of creation

Again, I find the word "creation" problematic.

Taking god/gods out of the equation for a moment...for the sake of discussion....

Without a "creator" is a star "created" or is it formed by natural processes?

If a large bolder is gradually worn down by erosion and becomes sand, is the sand "created" or formed by natural processes?

The sand's origin is...the boulder, but the formation of the sand is not, without a god, its point of creation. The sand, not being formed in one singular instance but rather over time through erosion, is formed by natural causes over time...not a point of creation.

Now, we can go farther back and ask when did the bolder come into being? Was it created by a god, or formed by way of natural processes? Maybe the bolder was part of a cliff that was eroded by wind and water over time (i.e. not "created" by a god)....and maybe the cliff was part of a mountain, and the cliff was formed over time by natural processes (i.e. not by a god)...and how was the mountain formed? Maybe it was formed by natural forces like the movement of tectonic plates....which were formed by natural processes like the heating and cooling of the materials that came together and at some "time" in the past formed the planet by natural forces (i.e. not by a god)...and we go farther and farther back in "time"....

Maybe there was not "point of creation" but rather a constant flow of natural processes that have lead to what is now.

Granted we are playing with words a bit here, but, again, "creation" implies a "creator".... so what do we call "it" if there is/was no creator?

And if the process (whether "creation" or "formation by natural processes" ) is actually spread out over "time" then how can there be a "point of creation" to something...even if that something has an origin.

(Note: I purposefully steered away from things like Darwins' the origins of species )

Erimitus

New Post! March 17, 2017 @ 06:18:48 pm
@chaski Said

Again, I find the word "creation" problematic.

Taking god/gods out of the equation for a moment...for the sake of discussion....

Without a "creator" is a star "created" or is it formed by natural processes?

If a large bolder is gradually worn down by erosion and becomes sand, is the sand "created" or formed by natural processes?

The sand's origin is...the boulder, but the formation of the sand is not, without a god, its point of creation. The sand, not being formed in one singular instance but rather over time through erosion, is formed by natural causes over time...not a point of creation.

Now, we can go farther back and ask when did the bolder come into being? Was it created by a god, or formed by way of natural processes? Maybe the bolder was part of a cliff that was eroded by wind and water over time (i.e. not "created" by a god)....and maybe the cliff was part of a mountain, and the cliff was formed over time by natural processes (i.e. not by a god)...and how was the mountain formed? Maybe it was formed by natural forces like the movement of tectonic plates....which were formed by natural processes like the heating and cooling of the materials that came together and at some "time" in the past formed the planet by natural forces (i.e. not by a god)...and we go farther and farther back in "time"....

Maybe there was not "point of creation" but rather a constant flow of natural processes that have lead to what is now.

Granted we are playing with words a bit here, but, again, "creation" implies a "creator".... so what do we call "it" if there is/was no creator?

And if the process (whether "creation" or "formation by natural processes" ) is actually spread out over "time" then how can there be a "point of creation" to something...even if that something has an origin.

(Note: I purposefully steered away from things like Darwins' the origins of species )

Thanks

Erimitus

New Post! March 18, 2017 @ 05:51:34 pm
This is an updated repost...

The M in MC2 is mass not matter. Duh... everyone knew that but me. Double duh>>> Mass is a property of matter....

MM: "In the beginning" Something happened that caused Energy to (condense?) into matter. ("Big Bang"?)

Double slit experiment:

Look at it and it is a particle

Don't look at it and it is a wave.

Consciousness causes the particle

MM: So you have pockets of high energy (matter) and low energy (?)

E: High frequency and amplitude is perceptible. Low frequency low amplitude is imperceptible. Maybe a threshold where the EM becomes perceptible as matter or maybe a range within which the EM is perceptible. Esse est percipi

E: species specific perception: Different species perceive different frequencies and in different ways.

E: That which is not perceived does not have subjective-reality. That which is perceived has subjective reality. I am not suggesting that there isn't an objective-thing; I am saying that the properties that are experienced are not the objective thing. The properties that are experienced are limited to a range of perception that the sentient being has evolved in order to survive in the objective-reality.

MM: Energy flows from high to low. (thermodynamics)

E: That is how I understand it.

Pages: << · 1 2
Quote | Reply