Gender Issues

A Mans World?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...8 9 10 11 12 ...21 22 23 · >>
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#136New Post! Feb 20, 2017 @ 14:59:43
If you're a white heterosexual male all means to cry foul have been removed from you by never allowing you any.

You'll also find that you can't coerce co-operation by threatening that you are, in any way, difficult to replace; be it concerning an employer or a relationship.

Us men are in situations we can't walk away from unless with a noose.
nooneinparticular On March 16, 2023

, Hawaii
#137New Post! Feb 21, 2017 @ 01:04:12
@SgtPowerPickle Said

Like I said, what I have seen doesn't support these claims. The women I've work with don't support it either. f*** what snopes says. Life experience says nope

If that were valid I could say that my life experience tells me that homelessness is a sweeping problem in our country, simply because none of the politicians here will ever shut up about moving the homeless out of Honolulu and into anywhere else. So do I now get to claim that homelessness is a massive pandemic based on nothing but personal experience?
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#138New Post! Feb 21, 2017 @ 01:24:40
the first time, since I post something on this thread, because is anyone on the point of this thread, is there any point at all!

the poll on this thread, is said 6 men and 2 women.

I haven't vote that I am a man, dud, I am man. so, what does the poll, regardless, men and women live in a man's world. women are try to change this attitude more that a statement or a fact.

it seem that every members going after the op on this thread, I got tried of read the thread away back.

now, when I read this thread, you all go back for have you all reach conclusion of anything that is not a " a man's world ", or a conclusion that it could be " woman's world ". if men and women work as one this world could be call:

a equal's world for both men and women.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#139New Post! Feb 21, 2017 @ 03:02:14

twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#140New Post! Feb 21, 2017 @ 03:11:53
@Erimitus Said

the military and the government are ones, said that women can't be equal to men in combat. women said they want to be equal in combat, and carry their weight in war like any man's counterpart.
shadowen On March 22, 2024

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#143New Post! Feb 21, 2017 @ 12:32:47
@twilitezone911 Said

the military and the government are ones, said that women can't be equal to men in combat.

Actually it's physiology that says that.
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#144New Post! Feb 21, 2017 @ 12:39:59
Well then perhaps we should base opportunities for equality in risking one's life in childbirth.

So fighting for one's country in military service is the qualifier for equality? That is the only measure of service that counts?

That is not only ridiculously moronic, it is only justifiable from a perspective of complete ignorance.
NNewt84 On July 19, 2018

Adelaide, Australia
#145New Post! Feb 21, 2017 @ 13:04:46
@Electric_Banana Said

If you're a white heterosexual male all means to cry foul have been removed from you by never allowing you any.

You'll also find that you can't coerce co-operation by threatening that you are, in any way, difficult to replace; be it concerning an employer or a relationship.

Us men are in situations we can't walk away from unless with a noose.

Well, at least we're not of the sex that's considered the "default" sex, and not a "minority". That's a plus, right?

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#146New Post! Feb 21, 2017 @ 13:16:33
The following is based on US figures

Workplace deaths:
Male - 97%
female - 3%

Suicide:
Male - 79%
Female - 21%

Winner of contested child custody:
Male - 18%
Female - 82%

In the United States it is estimated that one sex spends twice as much money on health care as the other does. The NIH also spends more than twice as much money on research into the diseases specific to one sex as it does on research into those specific to the other, and only one sex has a section of the NIH devoted entirely to the study of diseases afflicting it. That sex is not men, however. It is women.

Women in the US live for 5 years longer than men. A significant part of the reason for this is medical care.

NCI funding for breast-cancer research exceeds funding for prostate cancer by a ratio of roughly five to one.

In Australia since 2003 women's health research received more than $833 million from the National Health and Medical Research Council compared to less than $200 million for men.

Breast cancer received $60 million more than prostate cancer and ovarian cancer $64 million more than testicular cancer. etc etc etc

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#147New Post! Feb 21, 2017 @ 13:25:22
College/university figures

USA: In 1994, 63% of recent female high school graduates and 61% of male recent high school graduates were enrolled in college in the autumn following graduation. By 2012, the share of young women enrolled in college immediately after high school had increased to 71%, but it remained unchanged for young men at 61%.

UK: In 2015, the gap between the sexes was a record 9.2 percentage points, meaning women are now 35% more likely to go to university than men.

The gender disparity is particularly acute among those from disadvantaged backgrounds, with young women who were on free school meals 51% more likely to go into higher education than comparable young men. Disadvantaged white boys are the least likely of all groups to go to university, with just 8.9% continuing their studies.

Canada: According to the 2006 Census, women accounted for 60% of university graduates between the ages of 25 and 29

#148New Post! Feb 21, 2017 @ 14:07:26
@LuckyCharms Said

Well then perhaps we should base opportunities for equality in risking one's life in childbirth.

So fighting for one's country in military service is the qualifier for equality? That is the only measure of service that counts?

That is not only ridiculously moronic, it is only justifiable from a perspective of complete ignorance.

Proposition: Opportunities for equality should be based on risking one's life in childbirth.

Proposition: Opportunities for equality should not be based on risking one's life in childbirth.

Proposition: Fighting for one's country is the qualifier for equality.

Proposition: Fighting for one's country is NOT the qualifier for equality.

Question: What is the qualifier for equality?

Question: what is equality?

Proposition: Fighting for one's country in military service is the only measure that counts.

Proposition: NOT fighting for one's country in military service is the only measure that counts.

Question: Which measures should count?

Question: Should there be only one measure?

Question: what are we measuring?

Note: I enjoy learning from you.

#149New Post! Feb 21, 2017 @ 14:18:47
@shadowen Said

Actually it's physiology that says that.

Proposition: All Men are better than all women

Proposition: Some men are better than any women

Proposition All women are better that all men

Proposition Some women are better than any man.

Question: Does it matter?

Question: If it matters why does it matter?

#150New Post! Feb 21, 2017 @ 14:22:09
@NNewt84 Said

Well, at least we're not of the sex that's considered the "default" sex, and not a "minority". That's a plus, right?

Given: there are two genders

proposition: One of these genders is considered the default gender.

Question: why?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...8 9 10 11 12 ...21 22 23 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs