Pages: << · 1 2
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#16New Post! Jan 30, 2017 @ 11:39:42

#17New Post! Jan 30, 2017 @ 18:39:40
@Erimitus Said

complementary opposites neither of which can exist without the other.
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#18New Post! Jan 30, 2017 @ 19:22:06
@Erimitus Said

complementary opposites neither of which can exist without the other.

I wouldn't say that. My wife and I, and our daughter, are getting on just fine with no man in the house.

As for the OP, I'm sure I saw something as near as dammit exactly the same as that in my activist days at uni.

Also, I particularly remember the following line from Germaine Greer's landmark book "The Female Eunuch":

Women have very little idea of just how much men hate them.

And this is often at the very heart of the issue. There are too many cases where a husband really does treat his own wife with utter contempt. He truly believes she is a lesser being than him. That she really is inferior.

As an expression of "hate" it doesn't necessarily mean that he will be violent towards her, but it can mean using contempt or belittlement or humiliation as weapons.

It is hatred and it is oppression. And it exists. And some women do submit to it despite everything feminism attempts to make their lives better.

#19New Post! Jan 30, 2017 @ 19:47:46
E: male and female are complementary opposites

J: I wouldn't say that. My wife and I, and our daughter, are getting on just fine with no man in the house.

E: You misunderstood what I said. I was referring to procreation. In the future I will attempt to be clearer.

J: As for the OP, I'm sure I saw something as near as dammit exactly the same as that in my activist days at uni.

J: Women have very little idea of just how much men hate them.

E: female is one of my favorite genders.

J: And this is often at the very heart of the issue. There are too many cases where a husband really does treat his own wife with utter contempt. He truly believes she is a lesser being than him. That she really is inferior.

E: in may cases the wife treats the husband with utter contempt. She believes he is a lesser being.

J: As an expression of "hate" it doesn't necessarily mean that he will be violent towards her, but it can mean using contempt or belittlement or humiliation as weapons.

E: and visa-versa

J: [It] is hatred and it is oppression. And it exists. And some women do submit to it despite everything feminism attempts to make their lives better.

E: a sadist and a masochist can live happily ever after.

E: A Duprass is a rare and beautiful thing.
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#20New Post! Jan 31, 2017 @ 04:51:47
@Erimitus Said

E: male and female are complementary opposites

J: I wouldn't say that. My wife and I, and our daughter, are getting on just fine with no man in the house.

E: You misunderstood what I said. I was referring to procreation. In the future I will attempt to be clearer.

You left out the "neither of which can exist without the other" part of your comment which was the part my response was aimed at.

My response pointed out that procreational transactions CAN take place without the necessity for a male / female family, or even sexual, relationship. Assisted Fertilisation Technology has taken care of that.

Indeed, in the UK, there is no need for a male parental figure in any child's development. The Human Fertilisation and Embryology Act removed the "Need for a father" clause in 2009. Women can, and do, have happy, productive fulfilling family lives without men and are none the worse for it.

From the female aspect of your comment I was making the point that, actually, with the exception of a sperm donation, women can (and increasing numbers do) exist quite happily without men. The only things they miss out on are the beatings, the hate and the oppression.*

I'm quite disappointed that the rest of your post above is nothing more than a series of tit-for-tat comebacks. I say tomarto you say tomayto.

Come on, E. You're smarter than that. I expect better of you.

* I will point out here that the asterisked comment is intended to apply ONLY where such things take place in relationships. I agree wholeheartedly that such behaviour does not take place in ALL M/F partnerships. I also accept that there are also abusive same sex relationships. I hope readers will understand I am pointing specifically at those M/F relationships where abuse does take place.
Draco On August 28, 2017

In the imaginary city that is
#21New Post! Jan 31, 2017 @ 07:16:47
My opinion is that woman and men are not equal, both sides has it's downs.

In South Africa, if you are a black woman you have the best chance to get a job, woman's rights is a big thing here.

But I think the biggest impact is in our homes and I believe this is where thing starts rubbing woman and men the wrong way.

Historically a woman is the caretaker of the children, she prepares food, cleans etc, the man needs to provide safety for his family, everything they need.

Now these roles has been mixed up, which is fine, the problem is, if you become the caretaker, you start having problems being the provider as well, which is the problem, men and woman expect the other to still take responsibility in their historic roles and the new roles they take on as an equal. That unfortunately is not as easy to accomplish, chances are, the whole thing implodes, equality becomes a destroyer rather than a cure.

Look at this thread...it pits man and woman against each other rather than create an equal playing field...the saying comes to mind...."the road to hell is pathed with good intentions"
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs