The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Random

Please vote for your favorite fantasy world name for a project I'm working on.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Which name do you like best for a magical/fantasy world?
Lothiraldan
Saphria
Zeidith
Ciraviel
Thalla
Adraovia
Fayli
Talikain
View Results
ditziie On February 02, 2021

Busy, Kentucky
#1New Post! Jan 17, 2017 @ 06:38:06
Please vote for your favorite.

If you reallllly don't like any of these or you think you have a better name, you can suggest it, but unless it's freakin' amazing I'd prefer you just vote for one of these.

Keep in mind if you suggest a name and I like it, I'd be using it in a book I am working on so obviously don't tell me if it's something you plan on using yourself someday.

If it matters, this is a world inhabited by different magical beings, all are basically like humans in their features and anatomy other than their hair and eye color, they just have different abilities and powers.

In this world, the sky is a pale shade of purple (caused by a red sun and the effect of the atmosphere), and the dirt is also purple. It is a lot smaller than earth, probably about the size of the US, and ruled by a cruel sorcerer who destroys anyone and anything standing in his way. It has a lot of mountains and rivers, and the plant life is a lot different from Earth's, including different kinds of carnivorous plants, blue trees, and flowers that can move around on their own! It's a beautiful place, but the inhabitants seldom get to enjoy the beauty because they are enslaved and forced to work long hours farming and doing other tasks at the instructions of the ruler.

It's (obviously) a fantasy novel about a young girl who stumbles onto a portal to another world, where a long time ago there was a battle between two opposing sides that ended with the 'good' side creating a portal to another world (Earth) and escaping before they were executed. After they were gone, the sorcerer turned on his supporters and enslaved them, and ever since they have been serving him. In the original world, they didn't age, so although it has been hundreds of years, it's still the same people, but the ones who escaped to earth did age. They had no choice but to stay, since they knew they would be killed if they went back. Several generations later, the young girl is a descendant, which is why she could see the portal (it's invisible to regular humans, and even most of the magical creatures, only the race who created it can see it).

Basically, the girl is stuck, because the portal she found is just a one-way portal, so to get back she will have to find the other one. But the sorcerer finds out about the girl, and realizes what she is (I haven't decided any names of the different types of magical creatures yet, either...), and that she must have came through the portal, so he wants to use her to find it and get through to earth, and use his powers to enslave the humans as well.

I'm probably leaving some important details out but that's all I can think of right now...I'd really appreciate any feedback on the story idea, too, so if you have any advice, suggestions, or even questions please let me know! It may sound a bit silly but my target audience is young teens, and I loved books like this when I was that age, so I think it's a good idea, but I'm definitely open to criticism or suggestions! Thanks to everyone who takes the time to read and comment or vote
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#2New Post! Jan 17, 2017 @ 07:09:56
I like Zeidith.

Busy, Kentucky
#3New Post! Jan 17, 2017 @ 08:56:38
@Cpat92 Said

I like Zeidith.

Thank you
I'm leaning towards that or Saphria.
earz On March 12, 2017

ask me, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Jan 17, 2017 @ 11:38:50
I like Zeidith too. Reminds me of the word "zenith".
Saphria sounds original.
Lothiraldan sounds very Tolkien.

Busy, Kentucky
#5New Post! Jan 18, 2017 @ 04:10:57
@earz Said

I like Zeidith too. Reminds me of the word "zenith".
Saphria sounds original.
Lothiraldan sounds very Tolkien.

Thanks for your suggestion and yes it reminds me of that too, haha.
I used a generator for all of them besides Saphria, and I think I remember reading that it some of the names are variations and combinations from popular fantasy novels, so there's a good chance it could be a combo from Tolkiens works.
adrinachrome On April 04, 2023

Fukitall, Arizona
#6New Post! Jan 18, 2017 @ 14:25:07
Saphria sounds more like the name of a person then a world. At least to me.

I like ciraviel. Assuming the c makes the sss sound.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs