Politics

Lewis and the illegitimate president

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
mrmhead On about 17 hours ago

NE, Ohio
#1New Post! Jan 14, 2017 @ 21:06:01
https://www.cnn.com/2017/01/14/politics/john-lewis-donald-trump/index.html

I've said this before - The election is legitimate. The votes were not altered - maybe the American peoples mind, but not votes. Isn't that what counts? ... For whatever rules are in place, he won. The 3m vote difference is like one of those anomalies, a glitch in video games, if you do a certain move at a certain place, you can cheat the game and skip levels or get extra 1 ups.

If you're mad because you think Clinton lost because of exposing some back-door deals, and raising doubt - then you should be mad at the American people for using that excuse to elect Trump.

Remember the old phrase - don't shoot the messenger!

If Russia is behind the hacked e-mails then, OK, shame on them for hacking. What if this information somehow came into the hands of US Media?

It would still be the same information - just from a different source. Would that have made a difference?

The dems are butt-hurt because some of their underbelly was exposed.
I have my doubts if that really had a big influence on the voters.
Is Russia just a scapegoat for the Dems to blame their loss?

At a simplified level, I think many voted for Trump just because he's not the same old plastic-faced Politician playing games in the Capitol trying to make us believe they're actually doing something.

I have respect for Lewis, but I disagree with him on saying Trump is not a legitimate president.
chaski On about 5 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#2New Post! Jan 14, 2017 @ 21:39:04
@mrmhead Said

https://www.cnn.com/2017/01/14/politics/john-lewis-donald-trump/index.html

I've said this before - The election is legitimate. The votes were not altered - maybe the American peoples mind, but not votes. Isn't that what counts? ... For whatever rules are in place, he won. The 3m vote difference is like one of those anomalies, a glitch in video games, if you do a certain move at a certain place, you can cheat the game and skip levels or get extra 1 ups.

If you're mad because you think Clinton lost because of exposing some back-door deals, and raising doubt - then you should be mad at the American people for using that excuse to elect Trump.

Remember the old phrase - don't shoot the messenger!

If Russia is behind the hacked e-mails then, OK, shame on them for hacking. What if this information somehow came into the hands of US Media?

It would still be the same information - just from a different source. Would that have made a difference?

The dems are butt-hurt because some of their underbelly was exposed.
I have my doubts if that really had a big influence on the voters.
Is Russia just a scapegoat for the Dems to blame their loss?

At a simplified level, I think many voted for Trump just because he's not the same old plastic-faced Politician playing games in the Capitol trying to make us believe they're actually doing something.

I have respect for Lewis, but I disagree with him on saying Trump is not a legitimate president.

Agree.

Lewis is wrong. The election was 100% legitimate based on our election system.

If Russia is behind the hacked e-mails then, OK, shame on them for hacking. And shame on the American citizens that were so willing to believe all the BS that has been floating around for this election process...and before.

People should complain all they want (as did Reps and conservatives for the last 8 years).

However, claiming that this election is/was "illegitimate" is not only idiotic but also undermines any legitimate complaints one might have.
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#3New Post! Jan 14, 2017 @ 21:47:40
I'm more concerned with the active voter suppression. In that vein... there is real question as to the 'legitimacy' of this president.

The reality is though that it is too late.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#4New Post! Jan 14, 2017 @ 22:22:12
i think lewis need grow up like rest of democrats face the fact hillary blew it. i voted for her, if hillary screw up with e-mail or " the weiners " should know how to handle it.

the election was fair, if hillary wasn't trouble. the people who voted trump wasn't in these polls. bozo won all the republican states were regardless, what the polls said or the electical college said that she was in the lead. so what?

i think more people were sick having democrat party in charge for eight years. that's why bozo won. nothing else.

i read the article that was link about lewis, i didn't even care about him or his past, after i read it. bozo doesn't have recognizes just because he is black and monday is " martin luther king, jr day".

why does bozo have knowledge anything to lewis at all?
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#5New Post! Jan 14, 2017 @ 22:46:46
I'm mad the election was tampered with. Moreso at the people that let it happen, not in the sense that the votes were illegitimate. Trump won in the system we have. I hate it, but the problem is more about the fact that 40ish percent didn't vote. As well as an information literacy problem on all sides of the isle.

Reasonable informed political dialog is not happening, and that is the weakness that was taken advantage of in the tampering. If we as a country weren't so ducked up, that couldn't of happened.
So tampering is disturbing, but we also need to fix our own house too.

Like some stealing a car warming up on the drive way in the winter.

Yes the thief did wrong and needs sanctions, but most new cars don't need to be "warmed" up to run, things
changed and many are being lazy because the don't want to sit in a cold car.

And the fact that the peeotus is playing this out on twitter is a trumpsterf***
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs