Forums:
News & Current Events

Ambulance chaser?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#1New Post! Jan 03, 2017 @ 01:02:23
I've been watching this story for a couple of days, and can't help but think an ambulance chaser has sniffed out deeper pockets.

Another driver, Garrett Wilhelm, traveling in his Toyota 4Runner in the same direction and behind the Modisette car, allegedly had his attention diverted by his use of the FaceTime app, the suit says.
Let's Sue Apple!

It is horrible what happened. And yes Wilhelm is at fault for something. Along with negligence, stupidity.

Why do we think it is up to the companies to protect us from stupidity? It's not like mixing bleach and ammonia (not everybody knows that could create a noxious/poisonous gas)
Why don't they sue the state that issued Wilhelm his drivers license?

And like I said, not so much the grieving parents, but an ambulance chaser behind them.

I hate those f***ing commercials:
"Have you been injured from handling a magazine? A papercut that got infected and kept you from work? One of those staples scratch your nose as ...er ... nevermind.
Well you just might be able to sue!
Call our lawyers at Dewey, d***em & Howe for a free consultation
Operators are standing by"

That's just my opinion, I could be wrong.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#2New Post! Jan 03, 2017 @ 07:31:54
It is sad that we would rather sue companies for our lack of common sense.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#3New Post! Jan 03, 2017 @ 09:41:14
I can't see where apple could be at fault or even prevented it.
I mean sure it could add it to the terms of service, but no one reads them anyway. (Or maybe it is in there I haven't read it either.)

I mean it sucks, but sole responsibility should be on driver. It does seem like the lawyer is being skeevy to work with grieving parents like this. The lawyer should be the reasonable one and not take advantage of loss and pain.
lyconium On August 10, 2021

, Florida
#4New Post! Jan 11, 2017 @ 04:58:42
The fault is very much with the driver. The lawsuits will probably peter out and the judge will hopefully tell them the way it is. The stupid stuff people do anymore makes it seem like everyone is striving for a participation trophy for doing the most absurd things.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs