The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Politics:
Racism

Treaty violations/ Environmental racism battle.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...11 12 13
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#181New Post! Dec 22, 2016 @ 19:08:48
Dundon’s injury is one of the worst in the confrontation between police and those who’ve been gathered here for months to protest an advancing $3.8-billion, 1,172-mile pipeline. Hours after Dundon was injured, 21-year-old Sophia Wilansky, a recent graduate of Williams College, nearly had her left arm blown off by an explosive device.

Dundon faced obstacles at every turn as she sought medical help, but Wilansky was flown to a Minneapolis hospital in the hours after the explosion. And Dundon’s injury received a fraction of the attention given to journalist Erin Schrode, whose Facebook post of her injury from a rubber bullet received nearly 2.5 million views.

“It’s because they’re white,” said Chat Bobtail Bear, who was shot in the skull with a rubber bullet on the bridge shortly after Wilansky was hurt. He said he suffered severe bleeding from a wound that required seven staples to close. His injury also received little attention.

Wilansky recognized the disparity in a recent Facebook post. “I think that I received a disproportionate amount of money because I'm white,” Wilansky wrote. She offered to donate some of the funds she has received to lesser-known victims of police violence.
Her story here
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#182New Post! Dec 30, 2016 @ 03:29:57
Morton County, ND — In return for heroically de-escalating a situation in which an employee of the Dakota Access Pipeline pointed a loaded AR-15 at bystanders, Brennon Nastacio is being charged with a felony — and has been placed on the Morton County Sheriff’s most wanted list.

“I am being charged with a Class C Felony for Terrorizing Kyle Thompson,” Nastacio, a Pueblo Native American with two children, told Native News Online. “I protected him and they (Morton County) are treating me like a criminal. Now I have to pay all sorts of legal fees and I don’t have the funds for that.”

Video captured Nastacio attempting to calm Thompson — who falsely presented himself in Standing Rock as one of the water protectors opposing the pipeline — out of a rampage, and potentially worse.

Nastacio and other water protectors, who were all unarmed, held Thompson at bay until Bureau of Indian Affairs police arrived to place him under arrest. Shortly afterward, local law enforcement picked him up and the FBI took the man into custody for further questioning — but the Morton County Sheriff’s Department astonishingly refused to press charges against Thompson, claiming he’d acted in self-defense — and nothing came of the FBI’s interaction.
This is complete bull!

Sign petition please!
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#183New Post! Dec 30, 2016 @ 04:01:45
@shinobinoz Said

Morton County, ND — In return for heroically de-escalating a situation in which an employee of the Dakota Access Pipeline pointed a loaded AR-15 at bystanders, Brennon Nastacio is being charged with a felony — and has been placed on the Morton County Sheriff’s most wanted list.

“I am being charged with a Class C Felony for Terrorizing Kyle Thompson,” Nastacio, a Pueblo Native American with two children, told Native News Online. “I protected him and they (Morton County) are treating me like a criminal. Now I have to pay all sorts of legal fees and I don’t have the funds for that.”

Video captured Nastacio attempting to calm Thompson — who falsely presented himself in Standing Rock as one of the water protectors opposing the pipeline — out of a rampage, and potentially worse.

Nastacio and other water protectors, who were all unarmed, held Thompson at bay until Bureau of Indian Affairs police arrived to place him under arrest. Shortly afterward, local law enforcement picked him up and the FBI took the man into custody for further questioning — but the Morton County Sheriff’s Department astonishingly refused to press charges against Thompson, claiming he’d acted in self-defense — and nothing came of the FBI’s interaction.
This is complete bull!

Sign petition please!

I'd love to, but unfortunately it looks like it doesn't let people outside of the US sign the petition because a ZIP Code is required, which we Canadians don't use.

I hope that this man is set free and cleared of all charges. From what I saw in the video, he was doing everything in his power to keep the situation from getting out of hand. He risked his life to protect others and he was rewarded with jail time... wow.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#184New Post! Dec 30, 2016 @ 16:23:21
@psycoskunk Said

I'd love to, but unfortunately it looks like it doesn't let people outside of the US sign the petition because a ZIP Code is required, which we Canadians don't use.

I hope that this man is set free and cleared of all charges. From what I saw in the video, he was doing everything in his power to keep the situation from getting out of hand. He risked his life to protect others and he was rewarded with jail time... wow.

I cannot believe how many times the cops have outright lied or mis-informed about the Water Protectors. These are government workers sworn to uphold the laws & protect the citizens NOT an oil company security gestapo protecting an invading force. Oh wait. Citizens United........ corporations are people too. Damn, I forgets.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#185New Post! Jan 21, 2017 @ 04:48:46
s***'s getting real! Avenger AN/TWQ-1 Air Defense System
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#186New Post! Feb 08, 2017 @ 22:55:58
Sad that the "supposed" president has decided to violate treaties further & cram this past everyone without proper environmental assessment.
Ratty On November 08, 2021

So Cal, California
#187New Post! Feb 18, 2017 @ 08:56:17
sucks to be them.......
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#188New Post! Feb 18, 2017 @ 15:25:43
@Ratty Said

sucks to be them.......

Since 1492................
Ratty On November 08, 2021

So Cal, California
#189New Post! Feb 24, 2017 @ 05:58:12
The folks are leaving the pipeline at this point, as far as I've heard....
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#190New Post! Feb 25, 2017 @ 04:22:10
@Ratty Said

The folks are leaving the pipeline at this point, as far as I've heard....

The media has left. The pipeline & authorities now are able to spew their lies & distortions. There are still arresting reporters trying to squelch the truth.

Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#191New Post! Feb 25, 2017 @ 04:31:04
Trump & Company are pushing to privatize First Nation lands. FVCKER!
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#192New Post! Feb 26, 2017 @ 04:51:03
We have been telling ya all about this!

“A pattern is emerging with [the Trump] administration,” said Jan Hasselman, an attorney representing the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe. “They take good, thoughtful work and then just throw it in the trash and do whatever they want to do.”

The 35-page legal analysis of the pipeline’s potential environmental risks and its impact on treaty rights of the Standing Rock Sioux and other indigenous tribes was authored in December by then-Interior Department Solicitor Hilary C. Tompkins, an Obama appointee who was -- at the time -- the top lawyer in the department.

“The government-to-government relationship between the United States and the Tribes calls for enhanced engagement and sensitivity to the Tribes' concerns,” Tompkins wrote. “The Corps is accordingly justified should it choose to deny the proposed easement.”

Trump is WRONG!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...11 12 13

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs