Forums: Gaming:
Video Games

I'm Getting bored with my PC

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
crapman On November 30, 2016

Hopkinton, Massachusetts
#1New Post! Nov 29, 2016 @ 00:48:04
I built a PC a month or so ago, but it is only good enough to platy games like CS:GO, and stuff. I have to wait until XMAS to get an MSI NVIDIA GEforce 1060, so I can play better games, but I have no idea of what to play on it now .
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#2New Post! Nov 29, 2016 @ 03:50:38
@crapman Said

I built a PC a month or so ago, but it is only good enough to platy games like CS:GO, and stuff. I have to wait until XMAS to get an MSI NVIDIA GEforce 1060, so I can play better games, but I have no idea of what to play on it now .

Get a $20 Steam Card, look at their Weeklong Deals, set the order to 'Price Least to Most' and just get a bunch of cheap, on-sale games. There's a lot of really interesting ones out there. Heroes Siege comes to mind. Think of it as a pixelated Diablo clone with a lot more characters. It's tons of fun.
puzZles On November 13, 2020

Inside my mind's mind, United
#3New Post! Dec 01, 2016 @ 17:08:56
That's a lot of crap man.

Noooo. Kidding. I have no idea what to tell ya. ^^
mrmhead On about 16 hours ago

NE, Ohio
#4New Post! Dec 01, 2016 @ 17:23:21
I don't know if it's still like this (as bad), but "back in the day" when I was PC gaming, it seemed like every new game on the market needed bigger-newer hardware, and special configs or specific drivers and compatibility.

Years later my nephew was going through the same thing. He'd buy a new game and it'd run like crap, or not run at all and he (dad) would have to get more stuff.

That's why I turned to the console gaming. If it was published for GameCube it played well on the GameCube and I know I wouldn't have to get a better video card or upgrade drivers ....

Sorry, not much help here.

Sighed
Grumpy Old Man
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#5New Post! Dec 02, 2016 @ 01:07:14
@mrmhead Said

I don't know if it's still like this (as bad), but "back in the day" when I was PC gaming, it seemed like every new game on the market needed bigger-newer hardware, and special configs or specific drivers and compatibility.

Years later my nephew was going through the same thing. He'd buy a new game and it'd run like crap, or not run at all and he (dad) would have to get more stuff.

That's why I turned to the console gaming. If it was published for GameCube it played well on the GameCube and I know I wouldn't have to get a better video card or upgrade drivers ....

Sorry, not much help here.

Sighed
Grumpy Old Man

I still think it was the best time for games when the Xbox, PS2 and Gamecube were out. So much variety, yet a lot of the really popular games were ported to all three consoles for everyone to enjoy.
PatrickAnthony On January 05, 2017

Saskatoon, Canada
#6New Post! Dec 07, 2016 @ 04:59:17
I bought Stronghold Crusader for 3 bucks on Steam and it was good for a month of binging. I strongly suggest Steam to hold you over.
amytgirl On June 19, 2017

Deleted

Dunfermline, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Mar 01, 2017 @ 16:35:30
That's interesting.
I got a top-spec gaming PC a few months ago and though I must admit I've played a lot of the newer games, most of the time I play games that don't require a top of the range PC to play...For example Crimsonland HD (amazing!), Stardew Valley! (Amazing!) and (don't laugh)...Theme Hospital...Still a classic after all these years! Plus I play a lot of emulated games on the GBA, sega, PS1 etc.

There's plenty to keep you occupied! The newer games ONLY have better graphics...The gameplay isn't as good (in my opinion) as the older games when a bit more love seemed to go into making games.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs