northinmind,
#16New Post! Oct 09, 2014 @ 18:28:37
Stuart Smalley - Daily Affirmations
Hypnotica On October 08, 2023

Banned

Steel City (Sheffield), United
#17New Post! Oct 09, 2014 @ 19:12:23
@Electric_Banana Said

Those who I vent to never hear my venting because Hades intercepts and retorts "Quit going on about this stupid s*** because people are blaming all of your clap-trappin' conspiracy crap on me!"

Im trying to cut down on the venting. Sometimes it slips out. Im just learning not to give a f**k. That way the venting will stop. Its a slow process though.

I dont mind chatting like we are now. But Im just slowly getting out of the habit of heated debates. Instead of "I think this, blah, blah, blah" and vice versa. I just want to get to the point where its "Cool man", then I get on with whatever Im doing. Why is it so important to change other peoples views, I do it, other people do it. Yet really, who gives a f**k?
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#18New Post! Oct 09, 2014 @ 19:17:21
@Hypnotica Said

Why is it so important to change other peoples views, I do it, other people do it. Yet really, who gives a f**k?

That's the one area where Christian teachings fail. Some are not ready to consider 'creation' yet and if forced (through dogma) they might wind up lost in a Disney Ride more-so than 'saved.'

Christians are taught the artificial perspective from the start but many enjoy the magic without the lights on in the ride or easy answers spoon-fed to them.
Hypnotica On October 08, 2023

Banned

Steel City (Sheffield), United
#19New Post! Oct 09, 2014 @ 19:28:50
@Electric_Banana Said

That's the one area where Christian teachings fail. Some are not ready to consider 'creation' yet and if forced (through dogma) they might wind up lost in a Disney Ride more-so than 'saved.'

Christians are taught the artificial perspective from the start but many enjoy the magic without the lights on in the ride or easy answers spoon-fed to them.

Yeah but thats them. Not me. Not worth wasting energy on trying to change them.

Just leave them be. Now a days, church is a choice, not enforced. So if someone walks into a church, its their own doing.
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#20New Post! Oct 15, 2014 @ 04:16:01
lol - I just wrote a nice paragraph or two about this -- then decided ..... not going there. To those in the know, it's all good and understood.
To those not in the know, they'll learn more by actions of others, rather than anyone going on and on about any specific topic or hidden agenda.

Kinda of like knowing when to hold 'em, and when to fold 'em.
It's all situational, and all based on perspective and objective/outcome desired or needed at any given time

, New Zealand
#21New Post! Oct 15, 2014 @ 11:12:31
That's another point DuLu just brought up ~ Some of us are not told what this place is about from the start and I'm pretty sure that I'm of the very last few left who still does not know.

I've never really had any sort of a social life to fill me in so I've had to wander the cave alone.

Anyways, what ends up happening is that most of the world has a certain perceptional understanding of what's going on whilst just a few of us suspect that this is all we've got and you're supposed to make friends, romances, have kids etc.

It wasn't until waaay later that I got with the program and found out the current existence isn't really a 'mingling' place.

We seem to be in some sort of asylum or classroom.
Either way I realized most people here are here for issues so it's not like any grande sort of Fantasy life or romance is meant to take place here.

I think people who do have kids are just doing so to ensure there are a constant supply of shells for those coming in here for reasons other than a true and natural life.

So, yeah...you're going to have needy people wanting to play house because that is what some folks suspect this existence is meant to be about.
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#22New Post! Oct 16, 2014 @ 05:43:27
@Electric_Banana Said

That's another point DuLu just brought up ~ Some of us are not told what this place is about from the start and I'm pretty sure that I'm of the very last few left who still does not know.

I've never really had any sort of a social life to fill me in so I've had to wander the cave alone.

Anyways, what ends up happening is that most of the world has a certain perceptional understanding of what's going on whilst just a few of us suspect that this is all we've got and you're supposed to make friends, romances, have kids etc.

It wasn't until waaay later that I got with the program and found out the current existence isn't really a 'mingling' place.

We seem to be in some sort of asylum or classroom.
Either way I realized most people here are here for issues so it's not like any grande sort of Fantasy life or romance is meant to take place here.

I think people who do have kids are just doing so to ensure there are a constant supply of shells for those coming in here for reasons other than a true and natural life.

So, yeah...you're going to have needy people wanting to play house because that is what some folks suspect this existence is meant to be about.

You know... the one thing I like about your posts is how you make my incredible pessimism seem like outright optimism if not manic glee about all things...

Seeing love or relationship as a reason to be here is no less valid than seeing this place as merely an asylum. And, if we are in a classroom it is not a very good one as very few people seem to know what class we're taking, or what we are meant to get out of it - and those that do think they have the answers tend to all disagree with each other anyway.

Maybe we're here to see who can bag the biggest body count in some weird Grand Theft Auto game that we are unwittingly playing.

, New Zealand
#23New Post! Oct 16, 2014 @ 20:03:41
@bob_the_fisherman Said

You know... the one thing I like about your posts is how you make my incredible pessimism seem like outright optimism if not manic glee about all things...

Seeing love or relationship as a reason to be here is no less valid than seeing this place as merely an asylum. And, if we are in a classroom it is not a very good one as very few people seem to know what class we're taking, or what we are meant to get out of it - and those that do think they have the answers tend to all disagree with each other anyway.

Maybe we're here to see who can bag the biggest body count in some weird Grand Theft Auto game that we are unwittingly playing.

Well, like I said before; it might be a common joke, in the future, to direct "The Sims" players into the VR GTA game....
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs