Backwards Retardation

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#16New Post! Aug 19, 2014 @ 12:25:46
@dookie Said

Confucious, he say:- "When you know a thing, to hold that you know it, and when you do not know a thing, to allow that you do not know it - this is knowledge."

It seems to me that we need wisdom in order to be able to determine if we have it.

It also seems to me that that some around here are unable to grasp the extent of the problem......which just might be wise.

I remain a neophyte, unskilled at understanding and remembering, yet, with that qualifier, I would argue that we do not understand until we understand that we do not understand.

Easter philosophy rejects the ego mind and transcends will and desire.

Western Philosophy (for the most part) is an attempt to control and organize the reasoning mind; to direct desire along the proper channels.

I do not believe that East and West are mutually exclusive.

As Banana points out; the ego mind is a surrogate. (He does not seem to realize how brilliant he is)

I would suggest not rejecting the surrogate, but realizing that it is not me but only a role that I am playing, direct it along proper channels. (i.e. poo responsibly)
dookie On December 16, 2023
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#17New Post! Aug 19, 2014 @ 18:33:40
@Erimitus Said

Easter philosophy rejects the ego mind and transcends will and desire.

Western Philosophy (for the most part) is an attempt to control and organize the reasoning mind; to direct desire along the proper channels.

I do not believe that East and West are mutually exclusive.

I'm not that well versed in easter philosophy ( ) but as I understand eastern philosophy (at least as it expresses itself via Buddhism - especially zen - it does not so much reject the ego mind as seek to see it for what it is. Again, not so much seeking to transcend will and desire as to redirect them.

I've just searched for a post I made in response to our pal the Electric Banana, and found it........

I was just dipping into the words of the world famous Pai-chang, who told us that what is called desire and aversion when one is not yet enlightened or liberated are called enlightened wisdom after enlightenment. That is why it is said, "One is not different from who one used to be; only one's course of action is different from before."

Thus we remain the very same d***.

It remains to be said that zen is still not my home ground as such, but Pure Land Buddhism. There, it is stated that we gain enlightenment WITHOUT transcending the passions. It is the way of the foolish bonbu who can do absolutely nothing of themselves to gain enlightenment.

But getting back to zen, the proverb I have often quoted......"A clearly enlightened person falls into the well. How is this so?"

So, as far as I am able to understand, coming in from the "east", no, not mutually exclusive.
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#18New Post! Aug 19, 2014 @ 21:58:27
@Erimitus Said

As Banana points out; the ego mind is a surrogate. (He does not seem to realize how brilliant he is)

But as I've said I wouldn't settle for conviction of Solipsism either. If such is the case the alien drones make for good example as to why operating puppets in a fake life would be practical.

But we may also be independent in some form or another beyond the human shell.

For instance separate identities may not be Earth's intended feature - It could simply be that in previous form we could only communicate through vibe, feeling and impulse. This current stage would then be set to allow for more sophisticated interaction with independent entities whom had limited ability to interact back...ie; we might turn out to all be wired-up baboons in a laboratory with Eddie Murphy standing over us in Buddy Holly glasses and a lab coat.

, New Zealand
#19New Post! Aug 19, 2014 @ 22:16:55
@dookie Said

I've just searched for a post I made in response to our pal the Electric Banana, and found it........

I was just dipping into the words of the world famous Pai-chang, who told us that what is called desire and aversion when one is not yet enlightened or liberated are called enlightened wisdom after enlightenment. That is why it is said, "One is not different from who one used to be; only one's course of action is different from before."

Thus we remain the very same d***.

I've found it be Earning Sanity.

Back when we were d***-1 we got hurt a lot. Not because d***-1 was any worse than d***-2 but because many folks out there did not have the competence that d***-1 had.

d***-1 asks "Why am I so great and everyone else is just munted?"

At the time of this questioning d***-1 does not realize that his kinder and less troublesome nature is product of Granted Sanity.

From here we see d***-1 step into the Twilight Zone where he begins taking notice of the same idiosyncrasies which others have there by gaining empathy for all those whom he previously wanted to take a chaingun too.

Upon exiting Vertigo d***-1 realizes all is the same as before he left the immersion but now he's much more patient with the destructive faults of others as well he has learned to refrain from leaning too far into the exhibit to pet the others less heavy-set bipolar women devour him viciously with eyes rolling like that of Cookie Monster's.
Aden On November 28, 2014

, Canada
#20New Post! Aug 20, 2014 @ 00:05:38
@Hypnotica Said

Why would you want to pretend to be disabled.

To get away with s*** we would otherwise get in s*** for because we have the faculties to know better.
I've never seen a girl slap a disabled person for grabbing her ass. We get beat over the head with a purse that weighs ten pounds.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#21New Post! Aug 20, 2014 @ 01:40:47
@Electric_Banana Said

Had I played dead from the start I would've went through life on some form of disability instead of manning off to show how hard I too could push Sisyphus's boulder.

If I'm right and we're all guinea pigs - It's all that boulder pushing that makes for the most interesting guinea pigs.

Do you know why Sisyphus is pushing that boulder?

, New Zealand
#22New Post! Aug 20, 2014 @ 02:27:53
@mrmhead Said

So it doesn't roll back and crush him.

Can you see how an existence of only boulder pushing is one to worry about losing?
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#24New Post! Aug 20, 2014 @ 12:41:02
@Electric_Banana Said

So it doesn't roll back and crush him.

Can you see how an existence of only boulder pushing is one to worry about losing?

He is pushing the boulder for eternity as punishment for his crimes when he was king.

, New Zealand
#25New Post! Aug 20, 2014 @ 16:56:03
@mrmhead Said

He is pushing the boulder for eternity as punishment for his crimes when he was king.

I guess you have to have some form of reformation system.

Pushing boulders isn't reformation however.

And 'eternity'..a tad over the top don't you think?

Either way - Mythology.

I'm just using the demonstration as Erimitus has:

We're existing in a linear world disguised as a non-linear one.
As many feared with Communism in the past - We can only become what the management has stated we could become from the start of our lives.

Any effort to become something else not decided for us, no matter how skilled we are, is met with the boulder.

, New Zealand
#26New Post! Aug 20, 2014 @ 17:25:08
@Aden Said

To get away with s*** we would otherwise get in s*** for because we have the faculties to know better.
I've never seen a girl slap a disabled person for grabbing her ass. We get beat over the head with a purse that weighs ten pounds.

Those fat greedy, selfish, pigs could afford me six at once.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1303993/Offering-mentally-disabled-sex-prostitutes-taxpayers-expense-madness.html

, New Zealand
#27New Post! Aug 20, 2014 @ 17:26:19
@mrmhead Said

Here's the more succinct response:

Because he's f***in' stupid.
Aden On November 28, 2014

, Canada
#28New Post! Aug 20, 2014 @ 17:58:41
@Electric_Banana Said

Those fat greedy, selfish, pigs could afford me six at once.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1303993/Offering-mentally-disabled-sex-prostitutes-taxpayers-expense-madness.html

520 million POUNDS? f*** me, I'm way cheaper too. And just for disabled. Talk about favourtism. What if you're just a social retard but otherwise fine?

I'm not exactly sure how they can get away with that when cops arrest girls because it is illegal... But that is government for you.
Maybe next it will be for 12-14 year olds so they fit in with the rest of their sexually advanced buddies.

, New Zealand
#29New Post! Aug 20, 2014 @ 18:30:55
@Aden Said

520 million POUNDS? f*** me, I'm way cheaper too. And just for disabled. Talk about favourtism. What if you're just a social retard but otherwise fine?

I'm not exactly sure how they can get away with that when cops arrest girls because it is illegal... But that is government for you.
Maybe next it will be for 12-14 year olds so they fit in with the rest of their sexually advanced buddies.

Countries under the crown have legalized prostitution (still at your own risk - I have yet to see a real clean professional parlor here in NZ).

If the girls are up for it I don't see any problems. Obviously girls who've reached age of consent.

I think what made prosties illegal in America was demonstrated in the first Call of Juarez game.

A young man was in love with a young women but the men of the town would not let them be together unless he paid.

So it was a way of hoarding women away from everyone who could not afford their attention.

More people in the world now...so harder to get away with something so obvious...yet the same mindsets still horde away other life experiences.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs