Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#31New Post! Jun 29, 2014 @ 21:45:12
@DorkySupergirl Said
I once have a talk with member of church I was going to about some other members who do not care about others and/or say do mean thing or come across as mean and do not seem to care, there is being a Christian and then there is being a decent human being and they are not even being decent human being. We cannot say we are Christian and treat people bad opposite of how Jesus was to people and how we are to behave.

Christianity would often be a lot easier if we didn't have to deal with Christians. For years, it was Christians that stopped me from becoming a Christian or accepting that I probably was one, because of how many of them were total asshats, and I did not want to be one. Then, I decided to just accept that I am a Christian and an asshat. I put the being Christian down to Christ, and put the being an asshat down to being a human (if that makes sense).

I would love to be able to love my enemies, and bless those that curse me and do good to those that spitefully use me - I really want to do it, but I would much prefer to string them up by their genitals and feed them to a bunch of rabid chickens.

Anyway... I have only read a couple of your posts in this thread, but I agree with SEA and StA that you are not mean or bad. You always come across as someone who is genuinely nice, and, when you care about people and try to help others because you know it is the right thing to do, it really does annoy you when others aren't the same. Like you, I have a habit of sinking the boots into people that are mean. I don't think it makes me a bad person though...

One thing I have learned, is that people can, do and will let us down, just like we will let others down. No matter how much we care or how hard we try, we just do things wrong sometimes. Occasionally doing or saying something that hurts someone doesn't make us bad, it just makes us human...
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#32New Post! Jun 30, 2014 @ 19:21:08
@bob_the_fisherman Said

Christianity would often be a lot easier if we didn't have to deal with Christians. For years, it was Christians that stopped me from becoming a Christian or accepting that I probably was one, because of how many of them were total asshats, and I did not want to be one. Then, I decided to just accept that I am a Christian and an asshat. I put the being Christian down to Christ, and put the being an asshat down to being a human (if that makes sense).

I would love to be able to love my enemies, and bless those that curse me and do good to those that spitefully use me - I really want to do it, but I would much prefer to string them up by their genitals and feed them to a bunch of rabid chickens.

Anyway... I have only read a couple of your posts in this thread, but I agree with SEA and StA that you are not mean or bad. You always come across as someone who is genuinely nice, and, when you care about people and try to help others because you know it is the right thing to do, it really does annoy you when others aren't the same. Like you, I have a habit of sinking the boots into people that are mean. I don't think it makes me a bad person though...

One thing I have learned, is that people can, do and will let us down, just like we will let others down. No matter how much we care or how hard we try, we just do things wrong sometimes. Occasionally doing or saying something that hurts someone doesn't make us bad, it just makes us human...

What I had meant to my friend about being a Christian and being a decent human being is that sadly the two are not always together but they ought to be if someone is truly a Christian.

I know atheists who are more decent human beings than many who are self proclaimed Christians.

If someone says they are Christian, I told them to a higher standard. I do not look for perfection or someone who does not commit sin because no one is perfect and we all commit sin. I look for kindness, compassion, empathy, charitable disposition etc. If someone says they are a Christian but only speaks cruel and mean things to people then I tend to think they are not a Christian because they are not even a decent human being.

Thank you for your comments and feedback, its much appreciated.

I just find on TFS some are choosing to speak in a mean, hateful, condescending tone and I take breaks because it bothers me that some cannot display either basic manners or etiquette. When people cannot act like decent human beings, I tend to get upset and distance myself from the person or situation so thus all my absences from TFS.
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#33New Post! Jul 23, 2014 @ 07:08:12
oh noes ---- whoz talkin'
'bout body parts now?

@DorkySupergirl Said

Leave my tits out of this!!!!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply