Forums: Science:
Psychology

Session 9

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#1New Post! Jun 19, 2014 @ 03:59:49
Am I the only one who felt sorry for that poor bastard at the end of the film?

Especially that part where the real and trapped part of him starts crying out desperately sorry to the photos of his wife and baby hung along the walls of his dorm?
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#2New Post! Jun 19, 2014 @ 04:44:27
eb- i don't remember see this movie at all. David Caruso wasn't that a good actor back then the movie came out as year before csi: miami. eb- you should explain more what you want out of this topic.

session 9

, New Zealand
#3New Post! Jun 19, 2014 @ 09:17:26
@twilitezone911 Said

eb- i don't remember see this movie at all. David Caruso wasn't that a good actor back then the movie came out as year before csi: miami. eb- you should explain more what you want out of this topic.

session 9

Sure thing. I didn't want to post spoilers for those whom haven't seen it yet so be warned that the following gives away the whole movie.

Session 9 is only a supernatural film due to the very last line spoken in the film which was from the end of the ninth and final session recording of an asylum inmate.

The story opens with a renovation crew coming to fix up an asylum closed down in the 80's. As most asylums it is deemed a historical landmark and therefor is protected from being totally knocked down.

The guard watching the property mentions to the renovation team that many of the crazies return home even though the asylum has been abandoned and is in a horrific state of disrepair.

Cutting to the chase the head of the renovation team happens to be one of those patients and has brought his team out there to murder them one by one.

One of the cells in the asylum was this foreman's room back when he was held their sixteen years previously. The dorm is wall to wall with photos of his wife and baby whom he murdered.

Various parts of the film reveal the foreman is not truly an evil man but he's overran with mental illness. His good spirit is actually helplessly trapped inside his murderous body forever crying for release and forgiveness from those people he's hurt - Even his horrifically sabotaged chance at a real life with loving wife and child.

The psychiatrist's session recordings were documenting a woman whom had been in the asylum long before it had shut down. She appeared to suffer from a multiple personality disorder tripping her into speaking from different personalities while being questioned by the shrink recording her.

One personality is a young girl, another a boy and the final identity is an adult male named "Simon."

Throughout the ninth session the psych asks the woman were the young girl lives and the patient exclaims 'The tongue' as 'the young girl likes to talk a lot.'

She then reveals that the boy lives in her eyes.

The final line in the film is Simon speaking in the recording and when the shrink asks he replies (in a surprisingly deep & sickening male voice) "I live in the weak and the wounded, Doc."
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#4New Post! Jun 19, 2014 @ 15:32:19
Sounds interesting.
Octavarium On December 23, 2021

Pacific North West,
#5New Post! Jun 19, 2014 @ 15:52:39
That was a great movie, psychologically creepy.
I own it, think I need to watch it again

, New Zealand
#6New Post! Jun 20, 2014 @ 02:45:01
@Cpat92 Said

Sounds interesting.

Sort of ..seems the author would've made a good shrink but chose to be a horror author instead. Most of the world's problem this day and age I'm afraid.

The 'Satanic' possession ending made the film interesting for novelty reasons and religion VS mental illness has always been an argument.

I theory that if possession has ever been involved in psychopathic murders that possession was not from something old enough to be wiser and kinder but rather something more tangibly mortal therefor less mature and less experienced.

For the most part I see violent mental illness simply as a result from a broken machine and not the fault of the heart or spirit in that machine itself.

Like your friend blacking out and fighting back - His sub-con defense system took over kicking his conscious out.

I think this is why the Bible claims that God makes exception for the crazy.

But like the other film I posted about "Stranger Than Fiction" the authors are making some ground breaking points in the their stories but then quickly drawing attention away from their highly intelligent insights by slapping a thick coat of silly fiction over them.

The critical illustration in this film was that no matter how heinous this man's crimes were he, himself, was a victim.
someone_else_again On May 20, 2021
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#7New Post! Jun 20, 2014 @ 20:16:57
@Electric_Banana Said

I think this is why the Bible claims that God makes exception for the crazy.

Where does it do that?

, New Zealand
#8New Post! Jun 21, 2014 @ 00:10:41
@someone_else_again Said

Where does it do that?

Not sure of the exact parable or which Bible - It might've even come from Jehova's Bible.

I've just had it preached to me a lot.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs