Forums: Science:
Psychology

Bias:

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#1New Post! Feb 01, 2014 @ 22:24:33
The chief executives (presidents) of the United States have all been men; all but one has been white; and most of them have been tall.

The majority of the CEO’s of the fortune 5oo companies (the 500 largest companies) are tall white men.

The majority of the founding fathers were tall white men.

Popes have always been white men.

Question: Do we have some unconscious bias that gives us a disposition to be subordinate to white men? Have we been programmed to have an unconscious bias to favor tall white men?
futilevoice On October 07, 2016

Deleted

, Illinois
#2New Post! Feb 28, 2014 @ 22:54:55
@Erimitus Said

The chief executives (presidents) of the United States have all been men; all but one has been white; and most of them have been tall.

The majority of the CEO’s of the fortune 5oo companies (the 500 largest companies) are tall white men.

The majority of the founding fathers were tall white men.

Popes have always been white men.

Question: Do we have some unconscious bias that gives us a disposition to be subordinate to white men? Have we been programmed to have an unconscious bias to favor tall white men?

If you are only speaking of Americans, then I would say yes, we do have a tall White man bias. I would say mainly because White men have always been in power and in control of the economy.

Tallness has always been a more desirable trait because it indicates strength in some ways.
someone_else_again On May 20, 2021
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#3New Post! Feb 28, 2014 @ 23:45:22
Wow...I didn't think I'd find such a relevant Invader Zim picture...

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs